Full time academic position in the field of 3D geodata (BB-24D83)
Trouvé dans: Neuvoo Bulk BE
Description of the course load:
A part-time (40%), indivisible position in the field of 3D Geodata within the Department of Geography. This post includes teaching, research and services to the Community.
The digital revolution has made massive amounts of heterogeneous geodata available on unprecedented spatial, temporal and thematic scales. In particular, the volumes of 3D data resulting from various acquisition methods (laser scanning, photogrammetry, LiDAR, etc.) are expanding exponentially, calling into question current methods of managing, processing and distributing geographic information: 3D point clouds are no longer just raw data, but are becoming the structuring elements of future 3D information systems. This movement is only increasing with the multiplication of autonomous data acquisition modes and is profoundly shaping geomatics research and teaching throughout the world. The Department of Geography wishes to be part of this highly strategic area of research, which will also enable it to offer specialised teaching of a very high level.
GEOG0054 - 1 Spatial data acquisition methods - 3B Geog - 25h Th, 25h Pr, 16h other (projects or field work)
GEOG0063-1 3D Acquisition - 2M Geom - 10h Th, 20h Pr, 4h other (projects or field work)
GEOG0064-1 3D Recognition & Understanding - 2M Geom - 20h Th, 25h Pr
GEOG0065-1 Immersive 3D Environment - 2M Geom - 10h Th, 15h Pr, 40h other (projects or field work)
GEOG0068-1 Integrated project “Land surveyor” - 2M Geom - 20h Th, 5h Pr, 64h other (projects or field work)
GEOG0053-1 Topography - Part B - 1M Geom - 10h Th, 5h Pr, 8h other (projects or field work)
The candidate will be required to direct and develop research in 3D Geodata in line with the department’s strategy described in the context of the post. They are also encouraged to develop collaborations with ULiège members whose research and interests are close to their own areas of expertise.
Services to of the Community:
The candidate will be required to join the Department of Geography and to participate in the various activities and missions of this Department and the Faculty.
Qualifications required / profile:
· Doctorate in geomatic sciences or similar, developing high-level research in the field of 3D geodata.
· The candidate must demonstrate competence in the collection, management and use of large volumes of 3D data (point clouds).
· The candidate must demonstrate competence in Geo-Data Sciences, Data Analytics and Machine Learning.
· International research experience is an asset.
· The candidate will have to demonstrate the ability to teach specialised subjects related to their research profile as well as basic subjects (Bachelor’s level) related to 3D data acquisition.
· A good knowledge of the problems linked to the profession of land surveyor and 3D surveying techniques is a plus, without being an obligation.
The selection procedure will be in accordance with the regulations applied within the University of Liège.
calendar_todayil y a 2 jours
work Universite de Liege (ULiege)